Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

Jun 8, 2005

hoist my spirits, aye?

Rehearsals have officially begun. I am cautiously optimistic about this show. It could be very very good. I did a bit of a rewrite on the cutting part which is bound to help. After rehearsals I attended the first Buller-led outing to the Gowanus Yacht Club. Kyle showed us his impressive shotgunning techniques and Michael showed some impressive drawings. Everything interesting happened before I arrived. I sometimes feel that way about theatre as well. The golden age when it was possible to make a living as a playwright is long gone. But exciting things are still happening. They are just often pushed farther and farther away from broadway and off broadway and everything on or off broadway has become prohibitively expensive. Ry and I will try to get affordable rush tix to shockheaded peter tonight.

No comments: