Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

Sep 23, 2005

Go Rolin Jones!!

Can I recommend to you New Yorkers The Intelligent Design of Jenny Chow--wonderful. Saw it last night for 10 bucks. The production, direction, score, lighting, set, all top notch. I can't remember the last time I saw such a well produced play. But more than that, it's beautifully touching and funny. It's not the kind of play that teaches you something and makes you rethink the world but the kind you immerse yourself in and are moved by. The humanity of it that Jones is able to illuminate. It's the best thing I've seen in a long time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RB Ripley said...

You should talk with frankswildlunch about this. He enjoyed it out here in LA last year and posted some thoughts about Isherwood's review. Sad I missed it when it was here.

Kyle said...

I'm so glad you liked it! My friend Debra and I were blubbering messes when we saw it at SCR. Debra calls it one of the top five theater-going experiences of her life. I'm inclined to agree; it was certainly the most emotional.

And you're right, I just reread his review, and Isherwood doesn't seem to know what instant messenger is!