Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

Apr 17, 2006

Double P

Today they announce the Pulitzer. Normally I wouldn't know this but it's taking place in the building in which I work as an indentured photocopier/mail merger.

I am excited to find out who won and also at the same time entirely jaded about it. I imagine it will go to a naturalistic domestic drama type play about an important topic that is touched on in an unimportant way.

Not to say that recent winners aren't good plays--because they are...it's just that they're all a certain kind of play...a certain kind of play I can't really get excited about.

I don't know who is up for the award and can't think of a play that should get it. Who do you think should get it? (Of course by the time you comment, everyone will know who won.)

No comments: