Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

Apr 10, 2006

How theatre should be

This is from my fellow playwright and pal, Larry Kunofsky

PLAYWRIGHTS IN BIZZARRO-WORLD a dialogue from the obscure and cultually irrelevant Adam Szymkowicz and Larry Kunofsky

-Szymkowicz, dear boy, I read the first four of the six plays you've written this week and I'll produce two of them. Will read the others after my nine shows close.

-I do believe you're cracking wise again, Kunofsky, old man. Your shows will NEVER close. Just like mine. Pavers of the new theatrical rennaissance that we are. So. How goes it?

-Spielberg keeps calling about that screenplay he's begging me for. But why take the pay cut? The masses are begging for more plays.

-How tiresome! Supposedly I've been nominated by someone named "Oscar?" for some award by some academy for some film I wrote as a kind of charity thing. It was almost pro-bono, relatively speaking. I can't take time away from my work for any award unless it's another one of those Obies we keep winning.

-L.A. is bad for one's health anyway. Not that it matters, since we both have health insurance, of course.

-Oh speaking of work, wait: Let me go fill out my time sheet. Oh, wait yet again, I don't have to, since I MAKE A LIVING AS A PLAYWRIGHT hahahahaha!!! Say hello to Natalie Portman for me.

-I will. She's in the hot tub, waiting for me right now. Cheerio. l

No comments: