Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

Jul 24, 2006

First draft of something new

I'm not sure what this is yet but it might be the start of a new play.

(Three women in hard hats, A, C and S sit on a steel girder eating lunch from their lunch boxes. Faint sound of jackhammer.)

C What you got?

A Ham.

C You?

S Tuna.

A What about you?

C Yogurt.

S Yogurt again.

C I like yogurt. I used to like yogurt.

S (shouting down below) Hey! You! Let me see you shake that ass!

C And carrots.

S You’re making me all wet! I can barely control myself! Flex it! Flex it! Hey meatboy, where you going?

A He can’t hear you.

S Fuck.

C I hate my lunch.

(Pause)

A I have something to tell you.

S Not again.

C Seriously?

A Yeah, I’m afraid so.

S Fuck.

A Will you help me?

S What the fuck?

A I know.

C Seriously.

A I know. I know. I’m sorry.

C Are you?

A Yes. Will you help me?

S What, tonight?

A Could you?

S I guess.

A What about you?

C OK. But I’m not doing any of the heavy lifting or the digging.

S What are you going to do then?

C I could sing.

A I don’t think we should sing. Then people will know we’re out there digging and that wouldn’t be good.

C I could hum.

S She’ll dig. We both will.

No comments: