Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

Aug 25, 2006

Ok, so I am started writing something new, a kind of show I've never tried to write before. I don't want to be too specific because I don't want input yet but I am very excited about it and if it works I think it could be very good.

I'm also reading this book "This is not a novel" which is mostly about various artists, when and how they died, what they thought of one another, bizarre facts about them and about art. It's adding up. Part of what I'm getting is that there are so many different specific ways to be an artist. Some people didn't start writing until late in life. Some have a tremendous output and some have very little. Some were hugely successful in their lives and are now unknown and some are famous now but were unknown or poor or both when they died.

It's something to think about. For me it's mostly affirmation. I just have to keep doing it and not care what people think. and work hard on the next one and the next and the next.

No comments: