Thursday, October 26, 2006

fratricide

here is the replacement poem i wrote for the scene in
my cowboy hamlet. I'm not saying it's a better poem.
in fact the fact that it's bad is kind of the point.
And it works better in context but here it is anyway.


Fratricide: A Poem For a Bear to Read

In the grimy streets of
Dust-y
Dust
Where the flowers don't grow
Fratricide

A man goes out to buy a horse
But comes home with
A gun instead
It gleams
Polished as it is
Fratricide

A Bear is just a large person who feels too much

Fratricide

I had
Such
Hope in my heart
Before
Fratricide

Flowers at the funeral
No flowers at the saloon

A bear will hibernate in winter
But our feelings
Cannot sleep
Fratricide

4 comments:

hpmelon said...

For this one I have chosen to be on stilts which I will use to pop the bubble wrap that will cover the floor. When I am done I will eat artichokes dipped in mayo.

You know you would be unable to look away.

Jaime said...

Are there bongos? I think it could maybe work with bongos.

Adam said...

that sounds cool. That's similar to what I envisioned. Except, you know, in a bear suit.

hpmelon said...

Of course in a bear suit. I thought that was obvious.