Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

May 10, 2007

from Heidi's article about J. Schwartz

"Schwartz's rigorous vision is honed in a
painstakingly slow and rather weird process: she
rewrites the entire play from memory each time she
works on it. "I think my process of typing the play
from the beginning over and over again, whenever I
work on the play, helps me to figure out a formal
structure that supports the emotions," she says. "It
also helps me to get the language into my body…When I
get too formal, I usually feel like I'm taking a wrong
turn.""

read more here:

http://brooklynrail.org/2007/5/theater/the-fat-lady-will-sing-with-bells-on

No comments: