Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

Nov 8, 2007

early morning

I worked some on this new play today that I was calling The Heart Stopper but now I think is called Open Heart. I like what I'm doing. I feel good about it and the writing is coming slowly which I'm actually enjoying. It's more like laying bricks than letting the play fly out of me. Food For Fish was like that a lot of the time and the play that resulted is a play I'm proud of so I hope it will be like that. Right now it feels like it will be the best thing I've ever written, although I have to admit I often feel that way at this point in the process. Otherwise, why would I continue? Two shows that I recommend: Page 73's production of Grote's 1001 Peter and Jerry by Albee at Second Stage

6 comments:

Ruben Carbajal said...

That's one of the best feelings around. Enjoy! Have tickets for the Albee play and can't wait to see 1001. Cheers!

Adam Szymkowicz said...

Cheers! It was good to see you Mon.

mbh said...

I love that feeling... because if YOU don't feel your work is the best you've ever done, no one else will.

Michael

Unknown said...

I can't wait to read or see it! Um, didn't you give up playwriting a few posts ago and decide you were a screenwriter? I am extremely glad that didn't stick. ;-)

Adam Szymkowicz said...

yeah but Johnna, there's like a strike. What I am doing is not working so quickly or frantically. Like I can do a play or so a year. instead of 3. and a screenplay a year maybe, or a pilot. something that pays or could pay.

Adam Szymkowicz said...

And Michael, I'm with you. Except sometimes people like stuff that isn't what I think of when I think of my best. Not sure why.