Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

Dec 5, 2007

Support off-off theater

I’m taking Matt Freeman’s lead. Along with the worthy places he mentions that you may want to support this holiday season, please consider giving a small (or large) donation to an exciting new company I’ve been getting to know recently, Flux Theatre Ensemble. They did a reading of mine last weekend and I was overwhelmed by their generosity and talent. I have also been taking part in their Sunday workshops which are always a blast. Their new season is exciting and ambitious, with a fantastic play by Gus Schulenburg called Other Bodies which I'm extremely impressed with. Also my favorite Shakespeare play, Midsummer and a trilogy of Johnna Adams plays in rep. Both Gus and Johnna are the real deal. And I hear good things about Shakespeare. You can read more about them here and here. Give to them here. Oh, and please feel free to leave notes on your favorite charities in the comments section.

No comments: