Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

Apr 16, 2008

LA

So I'm back from my LA trip, spending the day recovering and trying to not be jetlagged. I had 20 meetings with TV folks while I was there. No, really. It was a culture shock but it was a lot of fun. I met some cool people. What else? Jeffrey Emerson took me to a rave or something like that. I saw a Circle X reading of Scarcity--I had missed the show in NYC and was glad to see it. It's a pretty terrific play. I'm pretty sure I saw a reading of it at MCC like 5 years ago. I also got to hang at SCR a bit. Saw the Kate Robin show which I really enjoyed. It was a lot about what it is to be an artist and brought up a lot of stuff I'm thinking about a lot right now. Met Kate, another playwright Sharr, hung out with Megan and my friend David from Columbia. Had some drinks with Mandi and Terry from Note. Spent a lot of time with Jen K and David V who I'm crazy about. They let me crash at their pad in echo park and David introduced me to some new comic books. What else? I don't like to drive, but I can do it. Flying is also not so much fun. There was a heat wave over the weekend. 90 or hotter in April. I wanted some of that moderate weather they are famous for. Ah well. next time I guess.

No comments: