Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

Jun 15, 2008

THTGTSOTA


I saw Isaac and Dan's show on Thurs. It's innovative, a bit meta, a lot of fun (My favorite part is the mole people who sing to us with haunting green lights on their heads.) There are a surprising amount of songs in the play although I wouldn't necessarily call it a musical. I like Dan's description: "an unfair vaudeville" We're constantly being reminded that we're being told a story. Despite this, I was engaged by the story being told. I'm not sure what that says about my own religious beliefs. Something perhaps. Or perhaps it's a credit to Dan's storytelling and the talent of the actors and their director. It's a 90 min play that feels like a 60 minute play which is quite a compliment, in my opinion. I was hooked the whole time. Go if you can.

No comments: