Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

Feb 11, 2009

Reason 2

I saw the dress rehearsal last night of our show at Juilliard, Hearts Like Fists, and I love it. It hasn't been in front of an audience yet and that will be a different test and there will be no uniform reaction, but right now, before they arrive, there is my reasction and my reaction is that I'm terribly proud of this play. I can sit in this for 40 more minutes and then I will watch people watch my play, and I will learn things and I will laugh. It is a little terrifying and will also be fun, probably. And there is nothing exactly like that thrill you get when you feel people respond to what you put down on the page months ago. And that is Reason 2 to be a playwright.

No comments: