Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

Feb 20, 2015

4 One Minute Plays

Below are 2 one minute plays I wrote for the NY Indie One Minute Play Festival.  And here are the two I posted the last time I did this--the Primary Stages one from last year.

OUR RELATIONSHIP

By Adam Szymkowicz

(TWO PEOPLE one in front of the other, in line, waiting. J and Q enter and reach the end of the line at the same moment. They both motion for the other to go.)

Q
You were here first.

J
No, you.

Q
You go. Please.

J
I insist.

Q
No.

J
I insist.

Q
Well okay.

J
Do I… Do I know you?

Q
No. No? No.

J
You're on the Internet?

Q
Yes.

J
We hate each other.

Q
Yes.





THE CHEESE

By Adam Szymkowicz

(SUE and BETSY seated.)

SUE
I just can’t any more.

BETSY
Oh right. Because of everything.

SUE
I feel like I don’t want to read anything or see anything or experience anything because if I like it, the week after someone will write an article telling me how my experience is wrong and I shouldn’t like it because—

BETSY
I know.

SUE
We could. I dunno. You wanna. Like drop out?

BETSY
Nah. I’d miss the cheese.

SUE
Yeah.

BETSY
The cheese.

(They think about the cheese.)

SUE
Okay so just to be clear… is this a date?

BETSY
Oh. No. I mean. No. Except. Okay. Maybe. I don’t like girls, but okay, yes. Yes. But we’re not dropping out though?

SUE
No.

BETSY
Okay.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enter Your Email To Have New Blog Posts Sent To You

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support The Blog
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mailing list to be invited to Adam's events
Email:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Books by Adam (Amazon)

No comments: