Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

Oct 7, 2015

I Interview Playwrights Part 794: Lauren Van Kurin



Lauren Van Kurin

Hometown: Yorba Linda, CA

Current Town: Los Angeles

Q:  What are you working on now? 

A:  Kong in Vegas, a new play in LA and I improvise with my iO West Harold Team MAX!

Q:  Tell me, if you will, a story from your childhood that explains who you are as a writer or as a person. 

A:   I'm the middle, middle child in a loud family. 4 kids 3 girls, 1 boy and I was middle girl. I'll do anything to make my family laugh or smile. My family made me a fearless performer.

Q:  If you could change one thing about theater, what would it be? 

A:  Giving standing ovations so often and casting names over talent.

Q:  Who are or were your theatrical heroes? 

A:  I saw Mark Rylance BECOME Olivia in Twelfth Night in London at the Globe when I was 20. I'll never forget that performance. The Second City writer/ performers I watched as an intern and my current Fools. My 2 acting college teachers that encouraged me to not give up even though i'd never done a play.

Q:  What kind of theater excites you? 

A:  I'm obsessed with Hamilton right now, like the rest of the world. The Wooster Group, Steppenwolf, 99 seat theater in Los Angeles!

Q:  What advice do you have for playwrights just starting out?

A:  Keep writing and writing and writing and writing.

Q;  Plugs, please: 

A:  Come see our show King of Kong: A Musical Parody at the ONYX Friday, Saturday at 8pm and Sunday at 2pm! Serial Killers at Sacred Fools in Los Angeles Saturday's at 11pm, Comedy People's time in NYC!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enter Your Email To Have New Blog Posts Sent To You

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support The Blog
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mailing list to be invited to Adam's events
Email:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Books by Adam (Amazon)

No comments: