Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

May 24, 2005

Tuesday in the shadows of something larger

It's been an interesting week and it's only Tuesday. Monday I attended the annual Pulitzer Prizes ceremony. John Patrick Shanley sat at table 3 and I sat at table 24. So close, yet so far away. Also in the news, Kitchen Dog will be reading my play Nerve on Sunday June 5th. I am also starting casting soon for a new york production of the same play. Thirteenth Street Rep will be doing it and although it will be a non-equity event, it will run 8 weeks for 3 days a week. Does that seem to anyone else like an incredibly long run for a two person play? I wonder how hard I will have to work to get an audience in there or if that is a task I am willing and able to take on. I also had a great meeting today which I won't talk about here but could be really exciting (for me) if it works out. If it happens I'll let you know. If not, well I'll just be disappointed and will not speak of it. Kristen and I are going on a road trip to VA for a long long weekend to visit her brother and his wife. Her mother will also be there with her stepfather. They're all great and I'm looking forward to it. I don't know if you've ever been to Charlottesville, but it is sweet and relaxing. I plan to run and maybe write some but probably not. We will sleep on the floor on the porch I am told. But I will bring an air mattress. Oh yes, I will. http://www.adamszymkowicz.com

No comments: