Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

Jul 8, 2005

Paranoia strikes deep in the Heartland

It's scary and sad in London. I don't want to look at it. And of course something is bound to happen here again. We live with a kind of anxiety that Bush feeds into. I think people that live outside cities may even be more anxious. I don't want to be paranoid. Must resist. Death is in the water! Death is in the sky! Don't walk or breathe or sit anywhere for too long! I don't want to fall into that. I wonder what it must be like to live somewhere that is really constantly under attack. Instead of this fear we have--which is not dissimilar to the fear of the madman with the uzi shooting up a mall. Yes it could happen. It's happened before and will happen again, probably. But we can't be thinking about it all the time. Not if we want to function. I told myself I wasn't going to write about this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear that.
I told myself i wasn't going to get freaked out and that we were killing tons of Irakis every day but they are not white so why should the medias care...
I told myself I wan't going to give it any posting or any attention. Sice I already know what i think about it. But i have an obsession with tragedy and i always have to read all i can and process all i can...

And also, we are living in this.
What is the opposite of fear, I wonder ? Is it really love ?

I didn't get to see K.
I saw her via Dup's blog.
xo to you both.