Friday, July 08, 2005

Paranoia strikes deep in the Heartland

It's scary and sad in London. I don't want to look at it. And of course something is bound to happen here again. We live with a kind of anxiety that Bush feeds into. I think people that live outside cities may even be more anxious. I don't want to be paranoid. Must resist. Death is in the water! Death is in the sky! Don't walk or breathe or sit anywhere for too long! I don't want to fall into that. I wonder what it must be like to live somewhere that is really constantly under attack. Instead of this fear we have--which is not dissimilar to the fear of the madman with the uzi shooting up a mall. Yes it could happen. It's happened before and will happen again, probably. But we can't be thinking about it all the time. Not if we want to function. I told myself I wasn't going to write about this.

1 comment:

Frenchy said...

I hear that.
I told myself i wasn't going to get freaked out and that we were killing tons of Irakis every day but they are not white so why should the medias care...
I told myself I wan't going to give it any posting or any attention. Sice I already know what i think about it. But i have an obsession with tragedy and i always have to read all i can and process all i can...

And also, we are living in this.
What is the opposite of fear, I wonder ? Is it really love ?

I didn't get to see K.
I saw her via Dup's blog.
xo to you both.